Mother’s Day is less than two weeks away! I hope you’ve started your shopping early… but if not, I’ve got you covered. If you saw my Valentine’s Day post, you know I’m all about Amazon Prime and some last-minute shopping. Here I’m going to break down each of my favorite Mother’s Day gifts for 2018! (spoiler: they’re ALL under $100 which is awesome!)
My mom and I have the same taste in a lot of things. We both like to cook, we love things for our homes, we use tons of different beauty products, etc. Basically, I’m lucky when it comes to shopping for her because I almost always end up choosing things for her that I would buy myself! I hope my round-up gives you some ideas on what to gift the special mamas in your life. Don’t forget that a sweet card with a handwritten note is always the best gift you can give!
- Flowers: Duh. Who doesn’t love getting flowers in the mail? Especially for an occasion like Mother’s Day. Amazon makes it easy with Prime delivery and they’re super affordable compared to going through a florist. I’ve sent these to friends and family for birthdays and they always love them. Plus, they have tons of different bouquets to choose from and you can choose to send them with or without a vase.
- Cookbooks: I absolutely love gifting cookbooks. The Food Lab is a great one. I just bought my mother The Southerner’s Cookbook as a housewarming gift when they moved into their new home. It’s got great recipes and it’s pretty! Another one of my favorites is Chrissy Teigan’s Cravings.
- A Beach Tote: This pom-pom Aloha beach bag is too cute! The panhandle of Florida is just about three hours away from my parent’s house so my mom is always hitting the beach throughout the summer. I would throw in a fun beach towel like this one with a cute pair of sunnies to complete this gift.
- Wine Glass: My mom has an extensive Lolita wine glass collection. She actually already has the one above from last year and I literally buy them for everyone I know. They are super unique and you can find one for every single occasion. My grandmother has gotten a few of these from me over the years for Mother’s Day too!
- Tea Towels: You can never have too many tea towels for your kitchen. Kate Spade 100% has the cutest ones. I love the design with the cookies, but another one of my favorites is this one with the lemons all over it. I think it’s perfect for summer.
- Face Masks: Everyone’s skin is so different and it can be difficult to buy skin care products for someone else. However, that’s why something like this Peter Thomas Roth Mask Set is the perfect gift for anyone. There are six different masks in here (I’ve personally used each of these and absolutely adore them all) so your mom will definitely find something in here she loves!
- Scarves: My mother pairs a scarf with a t-shirt and jeans for an easy everyday look. Throughout the spring and summer you can almost always catch her wearing a light scarf. These colors and floral print are perfect for the season.
- Perfume: These rollerballs are great to keep in your purse! Chloe is my all time favorite scent. My mom typically wears Burberry London, but I like the idea of giving her something different to try out that she can travel with so easily.
- Cheese Knives: (see #13 for the perfect combo) My mom loves cheese. Like really loves it. She also does a lot of entertaining at her home so having everything to make a fantastic charcuterie board is essential. I would put these gold cheese knives in a cute basket with a few cheeses (Bellavitano is my favorite), a bottle of wine, and a marble or slate cheese board.
- Jewelry: Always a great gift. Always. I think a fun pop of color for Spring is a good way to go with earrings. This Kendra Scott pair is super fun and pretty. Note: I think earrings are typically a safe bet because you won’t have to worry about the length of a necklace or size of a ring fitting incorrectly.
- Candles: Another gift that you can never have enough of is candles. Bath and Body Works has a few special Mother’s Day candles out right now with sayings like “I love you, Mom” or “Mom, you’re amazing” all over them. So sweet!
- Bath Bombs: If your mother loves to take baths and enjoys a little relaxation time, bath bombs are the perfect gift. If you have a LUSH store near you, they make me absolute favorite bath products.
- Cheese Board: I am obsessed with this cheese board. The marble and wood combo is just beautiful! You could complete this with the gold cheese knives above (#9). I keep tons of serving boards and trays around my house for whenever I have friends over. They are perfect for entertaining. I recently purchased a similar one for my mom and she loved it.
- A Framed Photo: This is another gift that I absolutely love to give – and it’s super inexpensive! People never seem to print pictures anymore and I think it’s so special to print a photo of the two of you or your whole family for your mom for Mother’s Day.
I hope this gave you some ideas for Mother’s Day gifts this year! Happy Mother’s Day to all the wonderful moms, grandmothers, and mother-figures out there.
4 thoughts on “Mother’s Day Gift Guide”
Great ideas Nicole. I hope my girls read this post.
Thank you Nicolenotrichie!